Sunday, June 12, 2016

Fight till it is over

 My outfit Friday Day... I had an inspiration printed but can't find the digital photo so oh well....









Hat, Jeans - Forever 21
Scarf/Shawl - Newport News
Top - TJ Maxx
Booties - Betsey Johnson

FRIDAY:
It was a crazy day... We started the morning with my son's class field trip to a Nature Center down south.... After only being able to do the nature walk portion of that trip we left early with my friend with our two boys and drove back to a race they had qualified to run in. Kids have to run a 7 minutes or less per mile to qualify for this race that is done in honor of Chelsea King who was kidnapped when she was 17 years old and was a runner....

My son is not a runner at all so I was surprised when he qualified and had no expectations. But most likely due to his swim meet experience and swimming with the team almost 3 times a week he was able to run very fast and past the kid in front of him right by the finish line to finsih 2nd overall. Finishing the mile in 6 minutes and 12 seconds!
His classmate who we drove with came in first finishing the race in 6 minutes flat!
I had tears in my eyes as he crossed the finish line... His passion to compete and athletic ability always amazes me...
He was so happy with himself afterwards...


MORNING FIELD TRIP:






AFTERNOON RACE:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...