Monday, August 11, 2014

Family Ties

My outfit Wed night for the BIG family get together….

The inspiration from this Mango Ad:

I loved the pop of Orange jacket and my cropped 3/4 sleeved cotton one was much more appropriate for the hot climate here than the blazer in the inspiration… I didn't have black sandals with me so wore the white strappy ones and I think they make a better statement!









Jacket - Kika Paprika (the piece that was named 'daphne')
Shirt - H&M
Faux leather dolphin shorts - H&M
Heels - Bebe
Necklace - Forever 21
Bracelets - Cookie Lee
Sunglasses - Wildfox

TUESDAY:
Didn't wore an outfit on this day but spent the day at the beach with my Turkish friend who lives in San Diego and has a daughter same age as mine. Invited them to come to our beach while my mom and step dad were in the city for the day:








WEDNESDAY:
Wednesday we spent the day at another beach with friends but had an unfortunate event of my friend's daughter being bitten by a fish and a whole commotion of getting the poison out and calling a Dr etc…
The good news was she was OK at the end.

At night we were invited to a huge family get together and to celebrate my mom's cousin's birthday at their house…
We had close to 40 family members!
My Grandpa comes from a family of 6 siblings each of whom had at least 2 to 3 kids (my mom's generations) and those had 2 to 3 kids (mine and my cousins' generation) and then we started having kids.
So it was a joyous get together of generations of family welcoming the new ones and honoring those who are no longer with us….



On my right, my mom's cousin's daughter, On my left my mom, her cousin and the cousin's daughter in law….



The Younger generation of the family… Birth years in the 90s….


My mom's cousin (the host) in the middle of a cousin daughter who is my age and I….


The Birthday Girl (another cousin of my mom's)


AND THE HUGE FAMILY GROUP PHOTO
 (Believe it or not there are so many missing from this photo even as big of a group as we are….)



2 comments:

  1. wow you have a huge family this is so awesome :) and I love your look so cool :)

    http://samiraslifeandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely blog! I will surely visit again :))

    by the way, please visit and follow my blog - http://kstylick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...