Sunday, December 22, 2013

Every moment red-letter

 Yesterday's outfit which I was too busy and tired to post when I came home so late last night…

It was inspired by this look posted on Forever 21's website:

I realize I am treating the navy/green tartan pants as my red/black tartan pants but I think it still goes. I needed a simple and comfy outfit so this worked. I added the wool cap and military style looking necklace and oxfords...







Cardigan - Victoria's Secret
Tee - Stylemint
Pants - Rock Republic from Kohl's
Necklace - H&M
Oxfords - Shoedazzle
Cap - J Crew

SATURDAY:
We were the laziest family ever in the morning all four of lounging in our PJs till it was almost 11:30 AM! But then we had to get up and shower and get dressed. My in law's arrived shortly after and it was too cold and were all too tired to go anywhere so hung around the house chatting, my daughter putting on her usual shows and then playing dominos all together. By early afternoon I got each kid bathed and ready. My son and husband went to our friends' Holiday party. My in-laws took my daughter to dinner and then brought her to her ballet performance. I had to leave much earlier for my volunteering shift in the dressing room of the nutcracker performance. It was a 4 hour shift with literally zero down time!
Absolutely exhausting. Undressing and dressing kids over and over. Fixing their hair, taking them to potty and water breaks, trying to keep them quiet and in line and ready for stage and the most challenging task yet was to apply their bright red lipstick. They have tiny lips and have no idea how to hold their lips and without a liner it was just so messy.
And unfortunately they didn't let me know when my daughter's role was done so my in-laws picked her up after the show and I followed 30 minutes later when every kid was picked up.
In short my daughter didn't go to bed until almost 10 PM and of course still woke up by 6:30 am!

Here is my little ballerina with her grandparents ready for her 4th performance:
She is obsessed by the way watching the professional NYC ballet version and her own youth company version of the nutcracker DVDs over and over and dancing away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...