Monday, November 18, 2013

What I Forgot


Today's combo was inspired by this Chictopia post:
 I love this slouchy pants with relaxed top, leather jacket and an animal print cardi that peeks out.  And of course the hat…
I had to dig through kids closets to find these old slacks to get the vibe...








Hat, Top, Vest, necklace - Forever 21
Cardi - mom's
Pants - Express
Boots - Steve Madden

TODAY:
OMG today was insane. We went to my daughter's pre-school but before hand stopped at Target to get her a new car seat. She had outgrown her existing one for months now and we have been dragging getting a new booster seat. So just did it this morning.
After class rushed to my son's school since he gets out early all this week for parent teacher conference meetings. Then went to costco for grocery shopping, came back home to unload it all. Rushed to my Dr's but after waiting for an hour and realizing we will still have to wait had to re-schedule and leave so we can make it to my son's swim team practice. Now I have to go back to the Dr's again tomorrow. What a waste of time.
When we came home I had an hour to cook dinner and get ready and hosted 8 friends for our book club meeting.
It was a great meeting. We just finished 'What Alice Forgot' by Liane Moriarty:

It was an absolutely amazing book. The best I feel we have read so far. Totally self reflecting and brilliant writing as the story is told from 1st person but different woman's point of view. Thick book with small font but a super fast read. It is not a suspense book but you can't seem to put it down. I would highly recommend it.

And the new book we picked for next month is, 'The light Between Oceans' by M.L. Stedman:

I love our book club. The ladies and the discussion is always so enlightening and entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. Love this look....some rocker chic for a lovely mom like you!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...you are busy, busy...i seriously don't know how you fit it all in!! you have a great support system, tho!

    love this outfit. leopard, of course, but i like the chill vibe and the hat!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...