Monday, October 28, 2013

Shower Forecast

 Today's outfit for the rainy forecast was inspired by the People Style Watch. 
I just don't know which month it is from….

I always save simple combo's as well as some odd/unique ones. For those days where I want a simple yet chic look. Today I volunteered in my son's 1st grade class for the first time so I didn't want a distracting outfit that will stand out but I also did not want to totally blend in either….




It was love at first sight when I saw this necklace at H&M. It just has that perfect military and chic combo vibe. 

I am loving my box of leather wrap around bracelets mixed in with delicate spike and stone ones. 
The combinations are endless.



I love, love, love my purse...



 Trench Coat - Guess
Sweater and Jeans - Forever 21
Necklace - H&M
Purse - DKNY
Flats - Enzo

TODAY:
We were pretty productive this morning and amazingly on time. Ran couple errands between dropping my son off and going to my daughter's class. After her class I left her with my friend so she can have her 'drop off playdate' while I came home for a quick lunch than rushed to my son's school to volunteer in his class. My parents are out of the country so during the next 3 weeks anything we do that requires babysitting is going to be heavily coordinated. Thank goodness besides having golden family members I also have an amazing circle of friends I can rely on when needed. So thanks to my friend I was able to still volunteer and my daughter was in seventh heaven for hanging out with her friends.
My son on the other hand was also on seventh heaven cause I was in his class.
I can't even describe how much joy I feel when I see how proud my son is of me. I realize this a very short term phase and soon enough my son will want to have nothing to do with his mama but right now he just gets so excited to introduce me to his friends. The way he says 'this is my mom' is something to be heard.
The volunteer work btw was full on teaching. You know white board writing with a pointer and a marker and calling on kids teaching. I enjoyed it though. I also realized how challenging it is for the teacher because the kids' level are all over the place. You got kids that are counting up by 18 and then you got kids that can't even recognize a count by 3's.  Which is why I had to call on each kid individually to allow the kids that are struggling more time to comprehend without the others just yelling out the answers.  Good to know my son was among the kids that were so fast that I had to go back and check the numbers to make sure.
Great experience being in their class and getting to know his friends though.

1 comment:

  1. this is such a classic outfit, D, and very simple and chic. i love it! i would definitely wear the stripes with a bit of animal print.

    and yes, i try to enjoy these moments when my son is loving his mama! i know he will soon be running off with his friends!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...